Monday, August 31, 2015

Elk and Venison Recipes - just for reference

How to Can it... then How to Use it. (series of great canning books)

Canning Venison Recipes

You've had a successful hunt. You've carefully field dressed and cared for your meat.
You've been busy canning venison. Now what?
Your shelves are full of canning jars with ground or cubed elk.... what do you do with it?
Make supper of course!
Canning and Preserving is a part of our frugal simple life style. A lot of food finds its way into jars in my kitchen. I can everything from fruits and veggies, to the meat that the guys in our family bring home from hunting camp. And that can be a lot of meat in a good year!

Most people don't realize how easy canning venison or elk can be. I remember checking out what would be involved with canning the wild game my guys brought home from hunting camp.

I could not believe it would be so easy.

Cut it up, put it in a jar and pressure can it?

Surely, there is more to it than that! Well there is a little bit more... but not much. Let me teach you how easy and how efficient this form of food storage can be.

Then I share some recipes I use in my own kitchen.

http://www.simplycanning.com/venison-recipes.html?utm_content=buffereffe1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

0 comments:

Post a Comment