Tuesday, February 11, 2014

How to Freeze Avocados

My local produce market recently had avocados on sale 3 for $1 so I stocked up!  I plan on freezing them so that I can whip up some fresh guacamole whenever the mood strikes.
I don’t know about you, but homemade guacamole tastes soooo much better {and is way less expensive} than anything you can buy.  Plus, since Costco sells frozen guacamole, I know that it doesn’t affect the flavor or texture to freeze it.
lakewood organic lime juice
To freeze avocados:
  1. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the “meat” of the avocado.
  2. Put avocados into a food processor {it’s best if you don’t do more than 3 at a time} and add 1 tbsp. of lime juice {the lime juice will prevent the mixture from turning brown}.
  3. Pulse the avocado and lime juice to desired consistency, and then put the mixture in a freezer bag.
avocado peels
Easy right?  Seriously, how did the pilgrims survive without freezers?
~Mavis
http://www.onehundreddollarsamonth.com/how-to-freeze-avocados/

0 comments:

Post a Comment